Saturday 12 April 2008

Strange Helper

learnt another valuable lesson today Saturday 12th April, 2008

well i have always kinda known this before.

today on my way to work at about 7:45am, i had just decended from the tincan island bridge when the car dies. yes! quench. the car quenched right in the middle of the highway and "born to be wild" on the radio.

so i navigate to the right of the road to park properly and check out the situation. i turn the key and nothing. even the light on the dash board dont come on.

i think to myself "must be the battery" cuz super mum used the battery the day before to power her motor "the car".

i take out the plier open the bunet and i start hitting the battery and smiling to myself,"yea, u think u can do me?" but pple, it was not the battery.

then outta nowhere, two fellas come towards me. they look like road side touts. my heart cut small but i regained my composure. make them no know sey i shake.

they asked what happened n i told them. they had a look n i was looking at them cuz they could have played a fast one on me by disconnecting something or worse.

they helped me push the car further off the road for safety sake n i settled them with N200.00. one said it was not enough n i showed them by bag. truth is that i did not even have up to N600.00 on me cuz i had just bought my "humble" N1k fuel. na borrow i even borrow the money from super mum.

i'm standing by the side of the road waiting for the mechanic called to deal with the emergency and we start gisting. myself and the agbero looking guy. his name is abe by the way.

we talked n talked. best convo i've had in a long long time i tell you.

we talked about being strong and resilient. toughning up when u have to. sucking it in when it hurts so bad.


i felt safe, comfy and it gave a chance to observe and draw a conclusion.

those you expect to help hardly or never do come through and then those that u list expect do come through remarkably.


i just thank God for putting me there at that time cuz it could have been worse. extortion, vandalization and the likes.

No comments: