Wednesday 20 February 2008

Nothing to say




i have a lot to say but dont know how...
it's all in my head but blocked out by some shhh.. i'm not sure of.
maybe i just cant put words together to save my soul



we were given a project in the office. a write up to be given as a presentation.
i knew even before i started that it'll suck and be the worst of 'em all.
but ey, i was told i had other impressive and strong skills in IT.
ok, so, now, aw do i improve on my writing and presentation skills and the whole capture-attention-and-deliver-the-core message thingy?

dont know right now.
in the past it was easy but here u got to up your game.as in blow it up.

HISTORY

in primary 1 i hated english language n mathematics.
i remeber this so well. Y? dont ask.
it was "breaking" time one day like that and couldn't wait to hit the swings, seesaw(jangulover). the normal things a 5 year old would do.
as i was flying out my teacher grabed me by the arm and said "no break for you today. you dont know maths n english"
ha! ha! no relaxation time? what a bomber.
ok. went back to my little desk and that was the begining of no breaks. or should i say end of my "breaking" time. i was feed and stuffed with english n maths practices.

alas! something good came out of it. something beautiful happened, formed.
i fell madly in love with maths. improved on english (i mean i speak it) but maths became my only passion. nothing else bothered me as long as i could solve and dance with my figures. breaking them down down to the simplest factors and arriving at the answer (QED.)
if only men could be like that.solved and the answer derived just like that.

Primary 6, scored the highest over all. i.e. compared with the 5 other classes. i felt hot.
even won a prize on prize giving day. whoa! little 'ol me. incredible.
why, thank you darling.
all thanks to maths.
u need to have seen my mum. the sun was her face.
i was given a litrary book. ugh! follows me everywhere.
took me till the end of pri sch to achieve that.
as the saying goes "better late than never"
JSS 1, got lost again. but my maths never failed me cuz i never failed it.
Report Card - Maths - A
English - C
Inter Sc. - C
Igbo - F
Social Sc. - C
it was a struggle though cuz alot of red marks (biro) were evident in between.
compared to others my result was poor.
wierd thing was the straight A students use to compete with me for the highest scores in maths.
can u beat that.
then JSS exams came n, my God, i almost fluncked.
i past the necessary subjects sha o!
now that was the eye opener
the wake up call
the wake up and smell the humus.
i have to get my act together if i want to make something of my life. u cant be dull.

i actually started reading. put in more study time.
then the A's started chasing me.
haba haba haba
is this all it takes. i can do more sef.
i started teaching in class n even exams. (i am generous)
half way through sec sch another subject stabbed at me. i hadn't the foggiest idea what it was all
about mate.
macbeth murdering sleep, no milk of kindness in a breast, the mayor of casterbridge n some corn stuff, a telephone conversation, bla bla bla. write with sitations from other chapters or verses to support your argument.
what is this!?

1st term F, 2nd term i dubbed, 3rd term i tried to understand a bit more and actually did get a little of it but still dubbed like crazy anyway.

2nd year with literature n i had it eating out of my hands.
all the metaphores, similes, hyperboles
teacher sef hail me. i was the 2nd best in my class. that was fine by me.

also, i finally conquered english.
i was the best in my class. just for 1 term sha. still i achieved.
this goes to show that hard work, persiverance and a dogged determination not to quit pays your ass a whole lot.
ok, now
time to doggedly improve on my writing and presentation skills
when i surmount i'll def. info. you and brag about it.
i guess i did have something to say.

No comments: