Saturday 9 February 2008

Adult Children (Guy)

My ladies in the house.
It is a well known fact that guys can act pretty immature a lot of the time.
I met this dude a while ago. Blindly. As in, we met via "Technology".

So we decided to hook up. find out if the other is really what he says he looks like.Not bad i must confess. The GUY na DUDE. i mean ladies think he's HOT. Facially, yep! But since then and till now not sure or remotely close to understanding his ways. Internally. I mean we gist. Grate convo, flow and laughs.

we decide to hookup again on a date date. i was like fine let it be on a Friday cuz he wanted Thursday. I mean in this country and, in Lag for that matter, Thursdays are not days you hang like that like that. TRAFFIC and the much NEEDED SLEEEPPP!

We agree on Friday for me to go over to him. Not a problem for me.So we chatted through the day (that's when the internet was not having spasms)For a while he goes quiet and I’m like "what's up?"I then send a message saying i'm on my way and i get to reply.I get on the road and my GGGOOOSSSHHH! TRAFFIC!All the way from the bleeding island to the 3rd mainland bridge and all the way further.I spent like 3 hours in that and not a call from DUDE.

So, i fashi. being hot, uncomfortable and not at all in the right frame of appearance to meet a guy, i went over to a girlfriends place cuz i would not have been able to make it home.
No call.

I slept off till the next day.
Still no call.

Sunday
still no call

Monday
Nothing

Tuesday
Nada

Wednesday I talked to a friend about it and she says "maybe something happened to him. Call to make sure." "Ok" i said. i call him up and convo goes;

Me: hi, dude, it's me.
Dude: hi, aw are u?
Me: fine. and you?
Dude: fine.
Me: Are you ok?
Dude: Don’t i sound ok?

Ahhh oti o!!!

Me: What happened on Friday?
Dude: What happened on Friday?
Me: Yes, what happened on Friday?!!
Dude: silence
Me: u in office right?
Dude: yes
Me: ok, take care.
After that still no call back.

The weekend hits and i'm sleeping, dreaming, tossing around in my bed and my phone rings.i thought it was one of my friends who always calls to have "intellectual flirtations" with me.Yep, that is how he termed it.

Alas! It’s Dude. convo goes;
Me: Hello, good morning
Dude: Hi, aw r u?
Me: Fine and u?
Dude: Good good.
Dude: so i guess we don't have anything to say to each other anymore.

(ha, whish one be this one now? me i get plenty things to talk abouti o! )

Me: what? are you for real? i have a lot to say. Plenty! First, i had a flat tyre so i had to take the bus. Didn’t get off duty till past six in the evening. the three hours traffic, fatigue and u didn't call. if something had happened me nko? What do u think happened that Friday?
Dude: you stood me up. That’s what happened.
Me: why would i do that? What would i gain?
Dude: don’t really understand you most of the time
Me: same here guy.
Dude: off to work and then a movie
Me: ok. u rock now. have fun. bye

Don’t know what to draw from that but hey, what can i say? Why didn't he just call to ask what was wrong?Did he feel that he'd be putting himself in a vulnerable position?What is it with men! Well, boys.

I’ve had them as friends, pals, boyfriends and now waiting for the next phase.Y’all know what it is. Even though marriage is not the solution to one’s problems or beginning of enjoyment or whatever chics these days think it is.

That’s gist for another day.

No comments: