Wednesday 6 August 2008

Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood?

Who are the people in MY neighbourHOOD???

i ask this everyday and time i get to my area.

you see, i am neighbours with all kinds of people and institutions.

on my street/close, just before you really see my street u see a trailer park, then a mosque and the usual call center stands and food stands and malam (can't do without them malams now can we).


then you get to my street (which is untarred and floods real bad during the raining season) and first thing you see a primary school, then photo shop, then barbing salon, then secondary school, then trado medical hospital then charcola seller, then agege bread bakery, then church and then a water facility. you are almost at my place.

going past my yard you still get to a creche/nursery school then finally a health center.

did i miss anything? don't think so.

everything you need is there.

gosh, i need to leave.

when we just moved there in 2003, it took close to 2 years to get to the end of my street. Other folks would be wondering who are these people? we are never seen on the street except when driving out or strolling out. sure they thought us snobs. well... not really. They just don't motivate me to make any friends at all.

fear con catch me sey these people fit harass me one day o! because so many times they call out and ay all those "hey fine girl" "what's up" or "hello can i know you". i just bone and find my square root.

once a guy followed my sister all the way to the front of the gate and this was at night on her way back from work. she was some worth scared because it was at night. he asked for her number and she gave him her starcomms not the GSM. the way she rang the bell and banged on the gate we thought she was being chased. well... sortta.

so, look around you. who are those around you? can they affect you positively? can they help move you forward?

depends on how u look at sha. you look round at the environment you growing up in and if not satisfied this should help u inspire and aspire to acquire so much more above the level you are presently.

oh, some of una dey Jandy, Yankee, Aberdeen etc, sorry o! my bad. though that should not stop you from owning the world.

beat your chest, flare your nostrils and raise your face to the heaves shouting to the heaven "i can make it, i can do it"."i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
i have to be somebody. make my mama proud and shame my dad's people.

slowly and steadily, the snail got the Ark.

Lord you are more than my eyes can see

Ron kenoly

No comments: